How would you make this old ice bucket pop?

ToniaDarlaSue Peet
+17

Give me some creative ideas or should i change it at all?? :) Thanks
1950's Ice Bucket?
  • Mac1718663
    Mac1718663

Go to a Michel's or Holly Hobby Store and get some ideas that maybe you could Mod Podge Onto your ice bucket. The girls who worked there could help you with some ideas

• Fernrhonda
    Fernrhonda

Looks like a great remote holder. I would white wash on it except use a color thats in the room and use that as your base then white was it with a lighter color tht matchs the base coat and use a color that there isn't a lot of. This will help bring the room together.fern

• Z
    Z

I'd remove the top, mask off the handle, and interior then paint the exterior with chalkboard paint. That way you can write greetings appropriate to whatever you are celebrating when using it.

• Z
      Z

@You're very welcome Kayla. I love chalkboard paint. The spray version would more than likely be the best for this project.

• Funnygirl
    Funnygirl

Black and cork never go out of style

• Duv310660
    Duv310660

The ability to 'pop' is a relative thing. E.g., green may pop against red, but a green gardening tool may get lost in the grass and may not be the best solution. If, on the other hand, you are wishing to make it more functional or pretty, that is a different question altogether. and depends on who you are doing it for and what is useful in that environment!

• Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit

hot glue mirror tiles on it.then paint the top hot pink.

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

When I see a container, I think "plants". I would drill holes in the bottom for drainage, spay paint and plant something inside.

• Nancy J
    Nancy J

there are so many beautiful spray paints on the market, I am totally obsessed with spray paint and have quite a collection. if you are going to use the ice bucket for it's intended purpose, I think a metal look would look really cool! but get one in a hammered look, rustoleum makes a great one and comes in many colors...looks like you have black and stainless steel on the unit it is sitting on, how about rustoleum hammered metallic in silver, leave the lid and handle as they are

• Kayla Cervantes
      Kayla Cervantes

@Nancy J I thought of this idea too! As an avid thrifter though I see ice buckets like these that were probably made in the 50's or 60's. Pretty elegant but already done, must buy one next time I see one. I just love vintage items

• Lucy Nunn
    Lucy Nunn

I like the spray paint idea, too, but I see making the lid and maybe the handle, copper or rose gold colored. I'd leave the cork though.

• Sue Peet
    Sue Peet

I'm taking you want to keep it as an ice bucket correct? What about decoupage family photos on to it or glue on feathers like peacock, you can get at most craft stores. I'll get back with you after i think about it some more.

• Darla
    Darla

You could metal leaf it partly or completely.

• Darla
      Darla

@Kayla Cervantes No, it's pretty simple. You can get metal leaf from Michael's or Plaza Art. the patent leaf is easiest; it has a paper backing. You apply size (adhesive), wait for it to get tacky, then put the metal leaf on top of it, pat down and rub lightly with cheesecloth or a cotton ball. It will only stick where the size is, so if you make a design with the size, the metal leaf will only stick on the design and the rest rubs off.

• Tonia
    Tonia

I think wrapped in a world map would look very nice.