Shanna Gilbert
Shanna Gilbert
  • Wichita, KS

Vintage Turquoise Sidetable

I got this table for free from a friend. It was filthy and scratched up. I painted it with two coats of DIY turquoise chalkpaint, distressed it and coated it in AS clear wax.
vintage turquoise sidetable, painted furniture
Shanna Gilbert

• R.V.R. Farris

I visited your blog, the story about Craigslist was hilarious, and the table you painted in gray is gorgeous. And I really like the idea of rescuing and giving a new life to cast off furniture.

• Meem Kaplan

Lane, huh? I have the two matching end tables and the round coffee table. They were my husband's parent's and we cared for her through the end of her Alzheimer's. Inherited the furniture with all the water stains. I'm not surprised that you needed to paint that one. The original finish is not water friendly! These are a mess! Hubs won't let me paint any wood so here they sit. I'll probably give them away because he would deal better with that then me painting them. Ugh....