Elegant Bedroom Bunny Hutch From Dresser

Ugly, poorly painted, but sturdy $50 Craigslist Dresser.
Removed all drawers and started planning.
I was originally planning on keeping the door for access, but quickly realized it would not give enough access to the corners for cleaning or bunny wrangling.
Cut existing styles and drawer spaces and added new supports. replaced cardboard bottom, added bead board to the sides, and back.
Built new cabinet doors using wire mesh, hinges & a strong latch. Also put mesh in on the sides & along the top under the drawers.
Beautified the storage drawers. Great for holding food, bedding, extra toys, and nail trimmers!
Finally added bunny essentials and 2 fluffy bunnies..Instant best Christmas ever & a bunny hutch I can tolerate in the house:)

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Whimsy and Wood

• Juanita Neat As Combeer
    Juanita Neat As Combeer

Hi from Australia. I've a 9 draw dressing table which was going to convert similar in size to yous. Was wondering on your ability in keeping clean and if you have added removable trays etc. Mine toilet trained yet laziness sometimes is issue. Any suggestions. Thanks

• Whimsy and Wood
      Whimsy and Wood

Hi Juanita, I lined the bottom with peel and stick laminate tiles & caulked the seems. We clean the cage with a vinegar/ water mix 2 xs weekly. We also have the hutch on hard floor instead of on any carpet. Hope that helps.

• Cheryl Gillman
    Cheryl Gillman

This is incredible! How you find the ease of cleaning it out? My daughter has 2 rabbits (caged seperately) but one is quickly outgrowing his cage so I'd love to do something like this for him! But not sure about how easy it would be to clean it out

• Whimsy and Wood
      Whimsy and Wood

It was pretty easy to clean out. It was lined with peel and stick tiles. The only thing I would have done differently is maybe use plexiglass and make a little higher ridge in the front. Mainly for the times my daughter did not clean it out and there was build up.