The Easiest DIY Gold Leaf Vase Ever

Have you wanted to jump on the gold accents bandwagon? I love gold, but prefer not to mess with all the gold leaf paper around the kids. See how I decided to update this old vase in literally 3 minutes!
How great does the gold vase look with these lush tropical flowers? Add in a blue and white ginger jar to warm up the gold and you can have a stylish mantel display.
Updating any vase is easy using this gold leaf pen by DecoColor.
I decided to use this vase as my previous attempt to makeover this same type of vase was unsuccessful. The ridged effect of the vase was also perfect to accent with the gold leaf.
It's easier to paint the vase if you wear it as a sleeve, but you can simply hold it if you want. The paint dries within seconds, but you still do not want fingerprints in the paint.
Add more chic glam by accenting the ridges in an asymmetrical way. I skipped a few of the ridges and left them clear to really make the gold pop.
Voila! All done and under 3 minutes. If you plan on placing this vase in the washer, be sure to seal the paint using a waterproof sealer. I hand wash my vases and the paint does really well staying on. What do you think? A very easy update to any vase can be achieved using gold leaf paint markers. Let me know what you think on my blog and be sure to share you own creations with me. www.CasaWatkins.net

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper

It looks so nice, thanks for the idea!I didn't know that any marker, even permanent ones, would adhere to glass.Add another project to the list:), Dollar Tree,HereI come!

• Amy Patterson Buchert
    Amy Patterson Buchert

Gold leaf IS a pain and I get It everywhere! Love this idea!