DIY Upcycled Denim and Copper Magazine Rack

Copper is really on trend at the moment. By upcycling some copper piping and an old pair of jeans, you can make a stylish magazine rack. This is a very easy project suitable for all levels.
All you need to make this magazine rack is:
copper piping (which you can get from the DIY or off cuts from your plumber)
An old pair of Jeans
Some glue and a sewing machine.
You make this magazine in 2 parts for the first bit you construct a frame using the copper piping you can find out the finer details on my blog following the link below.
Secondly you make the sling just using one old pair of jeans. The legs are cut open and sewn together to form a large rectangle.
The waist band of the jeans is then used to make the tabs to attach the denim sling to the copper frame. Again more detailed instructions can be found at Pillarboxblue.com
The copper piping is threaded through the denim tabs of the sling before gluing in place.
Being a bit of a magazine junkie, this rack is a really unique and handy way to store my current magazines. More detailed instructions head over to blog.
Also if you want to see my most popular project my fantastic wall organizer Click here .
If you don't feel like sewing click here to see my no sew denim suitcase.

20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Teresa
    Teresa

I will use mine for a cat bed with pvc tubing for frame and wind sisal rope around tubing. I might even add a top flap for extra snuggle factor.

Betsy

I was thinking the exact same thing except I never considered pvc tubing. Now I am! :) It's the first thing I thought of, not a magazine rack, but a cat bed. Great minds think alike, huh?

• Elise
    Elise

I may use this idea for redoing a lawn chair. Thanks!