Instead of Remodeling, We Bought a Camper!

$350.00
Advanced

Our family is growing (with grandchildren) and we are running out of sleeping room up at the lake. Last spring we bought this old canned ham and made her into our Bunkhouse, her name is Betty Lou! The cost on this project does not include the cost of the camper which was $800.00.
Before picture...
The previous owner had just painted the blue on the outside and we just had to repaint the white. I considered redoing the color but decided I would work with it.
After picture
Onto the inside...I tore out the entire inside except for the refrigerator section. The hubs and I constructed a frame for a double mattress with storage underneath.
Before...
After...
When I made the curtains, I ran out of the orange paisley fabric and would you believe Joann's had discontinued it! Eek, that is frustrating to a crafter! Oh well, I was happy with the fabric I found and it worked out I had a little left for the banner window cover.
Because Betty Lou is a Bunkhouse, I took out the sink and range top and amazingly enough my brother-in-law had the counter top in his garage and was willing to part with it (I love the word free).
We were lucky that all the cushions were in excellent shape and did not smell musty. I made the new covers and pillows and loved the end result.
Flooring before...
I love vinyl plank flooring! We put a sub floor over the top of the old linoleum and I installed this flooring easy peasy. It was the click and lock method, again, very easy.
The family LOVES the end result of our bunkhouse! Our granddaughter calls it her very own playhouse and with her brother, they spend hours playing in her. The hubs and I had so much fun doing this camper, we started a second one!

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home

• Karen Guzzetta

Did you just paint over the paneling and cabinets with white paint? And what did you use to paint the outside of the camper. We just purchased a 35 year old camper and this is what i want to do with it.
    • Janell

I am looking to buy a vintage trailer. It does not have heat. The previous owner place terrace cotta pots upside down on a burner and turned the burner on. Heated the pot(s) and they will continue to radiate heat.

• Lisa

this is SOooooo adorable! fantastic job on this! and was wondering if you kept the bathroom? do you have hookups or? i'd love to do this in our backyard but would need at least a toilet for overnight guests :) thanks!

• No, I did not keep the bathroom (which really only consisted of a portapotty. Truthfully, it grossed out our daughter and daughter-in-law so I had no problem pulling it out. Thank you for your sweet comment!

• Marie Kast

Any ideas about where cushions could be found or made to fit for dual use as sofa and bed?

• LadyOtheLake

Also, RV shops such as Camper World or State RV might sell them, but they’d likely be MORE expensive.

• Carley | CountryPinesFarm

This is the cutest thing ever and such a good idea!

• Terry Olkowski

I am just obsessed with these little campers and would love to do one, if I could just find one that was affordable. That is cute as can be.