Bookshelves for Children's Reading Nook

$20
1 Day

We are creating a closet reading nook in our daughter's playroom, and found a simple way to build bookshelves that are easy for her to reach.
I used (2) 8ft 1x4's and (1) 8ft. 1x2 cut down to 22" long to create 4 bookshelves.
Using a brad nailer or finishing nails, attach two 1x4's together and attach the 1x2 to the front to make the ledge.
It should all go together like this. Use wood filler to fill in any holes or gaps.
Sand down the rough edges, add one coat of primer. Then I spray painted with Rustoleum's satin finish in white. After that drys, spray with a clear sealer.
Here is the finished product. I used drywall anchors and screws to attach it to the wall.
Our daughter loves this space so far. Books display so that she can see and reach them easily!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Diane
    Diane

Fantastic to promote reading from early age

• I love projects like this. I just purchased 4 little shelves. Wish I would of seen your blog prior to buying the shelves. I would of saved a ton! Thanks for sharing.