Bookshelves for Children's Reading Nook

$20
1 Day

We are creating a closet reading nook in our daughter's playroom, and found a simple way to build bookshelves that are easy for her to reach.
I used (2) 8ft 1x4's and (1) 8ft. 1x2 cut down to 22" long to create 4 bookshelves.
Using a brad nailer or finishing nails, attach two 1x4's together and attach the 1x2 to the front to make the ledge.
It should all go together like this. Use wood filler to fill in any holes or gaps.
Sand down the rough edges, add one coat of primer. Then I spray painted with Rustoleum's satin finish in white. After that drys, spray with a clear sealer.
Here is the finished product. I used drywall anchors and screws to attach it to the wall.
Our daughter loves this space so far. Books display so that she can see and reach them easily!

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Diane
    Diane

Fantastic to promote reading from early age

• I love projects like this. I just purchased 4 little shelves. Wish I would of seen your blog prior to buying the shelves. I would of saved a ton! Thanks for sharing.