Bookshelves for Children's Reading Nook

$20

We are creating a closet reading nook in our daughter's playroom, and found a simple way to build bookshelves that are easy for her to reach.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, I used 2 8ft 1x4 s and 1 8ft 1x2 cut down to 22 long to create 4 bookshelves
I used (2) 8ft 1x4's and (1) 8ft. 1x2 cut down to 22" long to create 4 bookshelves.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, Using a brad nailer or finishing nails attach two 1x4 s together and attach the 1x2 to the front to make the ledge
Using a brad nailer or finishing nails, attach two 1x4's together and attach the 1x2 to the front to make the ledge.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, It should all go together like this Use wood filler to fill in any holes or gaps
It should all go together like this. Use wood filler to fill in any holes or gaps.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, Sand down the rough edges add one coat of primer Then I spray painted with Rustoleum s satin finish in white After that drys spray with a clear sealer
Sand down the rough edges, add one coat of primer. Then I spray painted with Rustoleum's satin finish in white. After that drys, spray with a clear sealer.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, Here is the finished product I used drywall anchors and screws to attach it to the wall
Here is the finished product. I used drywall anchors and screws to attach it to the wall.
bookshelves for children s reading nook, storage ideas, Our daughter loves this space so far Books display so that she can see and reach them easily
Our daughter loves this space so far. Books display so that she can see and reach them easily!
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Hi Simcha! Thank you for your question. I used screws in the back of the shelves and screwed them into the studs. If I could not attach it to the stud, then I used heavy duty sheetrock anchors. I used the EZ Anchor Twist and Lock brand rated to hold up to 50 lbs. Probably a 25lb anchor would be fine, but I wanted to be safe since my child is sitting under them. :)

• Andrew Marsh

Great looking shelves but would be a better if you added a tutorial on how you mounted the shelves.