Bookshelves for Children's Reading Nook

$20
1 Day

We are creating a closet reading nook in our daughter's playroom, and found a simple way to build bookshelves that are easy for her to reach.
I used (2) 8ft 1x4's and (1) 8ft. 1x2 cut down to 22" long to create 4 bookshelves.
Using a brad nailer or finishing nails, attach two 1x4's together and attach the 1x2 to the front to make the ledge.
It should all go together like this. Use wood filler to fill in any holes or gaps.
Sand down the rough edges, add one coat of primer. Then I spray painted with Rustoleum's satin finish in white. After that drys, spray with a clear sealer.
Here is the finished product. I used drywall anchors and screws to attach it to the wall.
Our daughter loves this space so far. Books display so that she can see and reach them easily!
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Nikki

Thanks for the measurements on the boards! I have scrap wood like barn wood and want to make shelves for my daughters room! So excited

• Diane

Fantastic to promote reading from early age