DIY Ombre Wind Chimes

I love taking a random pile of stuff and turning it into something that didn’t exist until I made it. Pretty cool. Recently, I made wind chimes out of tiny clay pots. And of course, they are my new favorite thing ever.
I love these wind chimes because they were pretty easy to make and they don't require anything you can't find at Michael's and/or Home Depot.
If you're like me and didn't realize that you really only need one color paint plus white paint to make ombre, then hop over to the blog for instructions. The rest of you Rembrandts can skip that part of my instructions!
I used twine to string my pots together. Basically, I stuck the twine into the hole of the darkest pot first and tied a knot at the top that would serve as the hanger. Then, I made a chunky knot that would secure the pot to it’s spot on the twine. The knot needs to be big enough to not fit through the hole in the pot. Or your pot will slip down the twine and you will be sad. Just below the knot, you’re going to tie on a washer. You want to place the washer close enough to the knot so that you can’t see it when it is hanging, but not so close that it doesn’t have room to bang around when the wind blows. This part takes some trial and error, but the twine is pretty forgiving and you can sort of force it up and down a little even after you’ve made the knots. Or you can always untie the knots. I found myself doing both of those things as I made my way down the twine with each pot. It takes a little patience to get things evenly spaced. I made sure to eyeball the placement as I went by holding up the wind chimes by the hanger and seeing if my placement was off. You could probably get all mathy and use some type of ruler or protractor, but you know I’m more of an eyeball-er.
Check out all of the details on the blog!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Marybeth Santos

• Sandy

use some washers at the holes to keep the knot from slipping through.

• Dawn Paskiet

In the process of making one now, only using one solid color for all of the pots (fell in love with the color). Hoping it comes out ok, taking a few creative liberties lol