Ugly Industrial File Cabinet Gets Makeover to Farmhouse Industrial

Basic metal file cabinet gets makeover to farmhouse industrial style cabinet...with the cutest feet!
Needing more filing space for over flowing torn magazine inspiration DIY ideas, I bought an ugly duckling metal cabinet for $12 a our local thrift store.
I have the privilege to join each month, a creative group of bloggers to create themed DIY furniture makeovers. This month was industrial style. Industrial style is new to me and it took the transformations of the group to help me understand and appreciate the industrial revolution happening now.
The feet and handle say farmhouse style to me. Let me know your thoughts.
style makeover
Basic beige and plain. But with a safe!!! :)
I plan on sitting it next to my repurposed desk in a dark corner. So what did I do...paint it black! But it will not stay dark.
The next coat is a lighter shade of black....grey. I used chalky type paints and one of those small rollers to get a bumpy texture.
Another shade of lightness. I mixed the grey with white.
The final coat was white wax to show the distressing areas. I distress areas with a wet paper towel. I like the bumpy texture when distressed.
Now for those cute feet! This is a spindle cut into 4 pieces. You can see on the website how I attached them replacing the gold rolling wheels.
Another farmhouse style touch...the plastic handle was replaced with another spindle. I added an image transfer with my logo...incase I forget my company name!

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Samme

I've got an old filing cabinet just waiting for this treatment!

• Lovesunique

I love what you did with this cabinet. I really like those wooden feet and handle with the metal. Having a safe instead of a drawer is quite a catch.