Backyard Transformation

When we moved into our house 6 years ago it was a blank slate. We were excited to start transforming it in a home.
This was our backyard. Shortly after we moved in we extended the patio and added a swing set for our boys but sadly our backyard was rarely ever dry enough for them to play back there due to poor drainage issues from neighboring yards and rotting tree trunks left under ground.
Once our boys were older we decided to take the plunge and move forward with creating a backyard of our dreams. We had searched and searched for several years and knew exactly what we wanted our space to look like. I showed everything to our pool designer and he came up with this rendering. It was perfect.
Adding a pool is a HUGE mess and very stressful but at the same time very exciting.
It was a happy day when the installers came to add our Pebble Sheen.
I was very specific about what I wanted our overlay to look like.
It came out just as I imagined it would.
Adding a pool to our space was money well spent! In our community a pool is a major plus. Houses with pools sell a lot quicker than houses that do not have them and on average sell for a bit more which is something we always have to keep in mind. I know that is not always the standard across the country but luckily it is for our area.
We are on pool season number three and are just as happy with our pool today as we were when it was first completed. Since it has been a few years the trees are much larger now and beautiful especially when in bloom. Trying to talk my husband into adding an outdoor fireplace next!;)
The backyard was one of our l largest makeover projects and even though not on of our DIY projects well worth it. Would love for you to stop by the blog for a visit to see more pictures of the finished space.

From My Front Porch To Yours