Christi Joyce
Christi Joyce
  • Bellingham, WA

old dresser facelift

My first attempt at antiquing. This is an old dresser my mother salvaged from a storage room and painted white just before I was born. I kept it all these years and now it's new (almost) again! Getting up the courage to attack the kitchen cupboards!!
An old, plain dresser dressed up with stain and inexpensive wood spools.
This old dresser looks pretty tough, but there's a lot of life left.
The red wasn't anything like the sample!  Next time I'll use a dark primer instead of neutral.  I used a dark brown stain/sealer to tone it down.
The red wasn't anything like the sample! Next time I'll use a dark primer instead of neutral. I used a dark brown stain/sealer to tone it down.
I like to sew, and these make fun drawer pulls.  As far as I know, spools are no longer made out of wood. I gave them a coating of clear polyurethane for protection.
I like to sew, and these make fun drawer pulls. As far as I know, spools are no longer made out of wood. I gave them a coating of clear polyurethane for protection.
Finished!  Now on to the next project.
Finished! Now on to the next project.