Industrial Faux Metal Side Table

I recently joined a group of DIY bloggers that have a monthly themed furniture challenge, but I had no idea that "Industrial" was going to be this month's theme. My husband's style is Industrial, mine is more...Romantic Cottage. So what is a former faux finisher to do? Take out her paint and brushes and look at weathered metal for inspiration...
This is the finished table, but let's see how it started...
I bought this piece for $5 at a yard sale was the perfect candidate with it's simple lines. But maybe just a little too simple, so I put on my "industrial" style thinking cap and tried to figure out how to add more interest...
I began by giving it a coat of black paint. I used "Blackberry House" furniture paint. It covered almost completely in one coat. Gotta love that. The blue is just painters tape, it wasn't part of the design.
A stencil and some paint did the trick to add the final touch.
Here's a closeup of the details once it was finished. Besides the black paint, I added some rust coloured acrylic paint and tiny bits of silver paint. Remember, I wanted it to look like old and worn metal, hence the finish.
And just so you can see the difference here is the before and after. I am so pleased with the way it turned out for my first try at industrial. For more detailed instructions and tips you can go the link below.

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Patina Paradise

• Margie

Love this. great work! did you use nail heads around the border of the drawer for that effect?

• Patty

Your link doesn’t work. It goes to a website for sale. I’d love to go to your blog.