Industrial Faux Metal Side Table

I recently joined a group of DIY bloggers that have a monthly themed furniture challenge, but I had no idea that "Industrial" was going to be this month's theme. My husband's style is Industrial, mine is more...Romantic Cottage. So what is a former faux finisher to do? Take out her paint and brushes and look at weathered metal for inspiration...
This is the finished table, but let's see how it started...
I bought this piece for $5 at a yard sale was the perfect candidate with it's simple lines. But maybe just a little too simple, so I put on my "industrial" style thinking cap and tried to figure out how to add more interest...
I began by giving it a coat of black paint. I used "Blackberry House" furniture paint. It covered almost completely in one coat. Gotta love that. The blue is just painters tape, it wasn't part of the design.
A stencil and some paint did the trick to add the final touch.
Here's a closeup of the details once it was finished. Besides the black paint, I added some rust coloured acrylic paint and tiny bits of silver paint. Remember, I wanted it to look like old and worn metal, hence the finish.
And just so you can see the difference here is the before and after. I am so pleased with the way it turned out for my first try at industrial. For more detailed instructions and tips you can go the link below.

Patina Paradise