DIY Hanging Key Holder

I have had the problem for quite some time now with too many keys in my house. I don't really know where they all came from, I just know there are a lot! I came up with this quick little project to add a little organization to the situation.
I had some scrap boards left over from an end table I built which worked perfect for this project. I had three 1x3 boards cut at 18".
I drilled pocket holes in the back to attach them together and secured with pocket hole screws.
Once assembled, I stained the boards with Kona stain and spray painted cup hooks with a flat black spray paint.
While the stain and spray paint dried, I drilled pilot holes in the boards so the wood would not split when installing the cup hooks.
I wanted the key holder to have a little decorative touch, so I cut out a stencil with a Silhouette machine. I just designed the word KEYS in a font I liked and cut it out. If you don't have a cutting machine, you could use a craft knife to cut a stencil out or buy premade letter stencils.
I placed the stencil on the wood and painted with a black craft paint.
I screwed the cup hooks into the pre drilled holes and it was ready to be used. Here are some after pics of the project. There is a more in depth tutorial on the blog if you would like to check that out!
I hope you enjoyed this. Check out Sawdust to Sequins for more fun builds!!

Crissie @ The Crafted Maker