DIY Hanging Key Holder

I have had the problem for quite some time now with too many keys in my house. I don't really know where they all came from, I just know there are a lot! I came up with this quick little project to add a little organization to the situation.
I had some scrap boards left over from an end table I built which worked perfect for this project. I had three 1x3 boards cut at 18".
I drilled pocket holes in the back to attach them together and secured with pocket hole screws.
Once assembled, I stained the boards with Kona stain and spray painted cup hooks with a flat black spray paint.
While the stain and spray paint dried, I drilled pilot holes in the boards so the wood would not split when installing the cup hooks.
I wanted the key holder to have a little decorative touch, so I cut out a stencil with a Silhouette machine. I just designed the word KEYS in a font I liked and cut it out. If you don't have a cutting machine, you could use a craft knife to cut a stencil out or buy premade letter stencils.
I placed the stencil on the wood and painted with a black craft paint.
I screwed the cup hooks into the pre drilled holes and it was ready to be used. Here are some after pics of the project. There is a more in depth tutorial on the blog if you would like to check that out!
I hope you enjoyed this. Check out Sawdust to Sequins for more fun builds!!

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Crissie @ The Crafted Maker