Concrete bird pedistal *

I started out with some 'Besser' (concrete) blocks stacked them to the height I wanted. then I put some 'chicken wire' around the whole thing and secured it. Then (the fun bit)
I got some bags of ready mix concrete whichI mixed up according to instructions on the bags. Then grabbed handfuls of the concrete and pushed it into the chicken wire,until i had covered the whole thing* (I had left a space on the top for the pot saucer I used to put food on*) When it was all dry.I used more chicken wire to wrap around it all! finally I planted Jasmine*(one of my favs) It is now starting to cover the whole thing.By next year it should have fully covered it!!! The birds love it and i am very happy with the result ! :-)
concrete bird pedistal **

Jo prentice

• Jo prentice

This was pretty easy to do* I am looking forward to seeing it completely covered with the jasmine** I too love to encourage birds into my garden* Especially the native birds* I have a large garden, and planted trees and shrubs that birds are attracted to** Thank you for your lovely comments :-)

• HGTVGardens

Great DIY Jo! Looking forward to future photos of the Jasmine's progress. :) -Mallory