Christina Falcon
Christina Falcon
  • Austin, TX

DIY HANGING POT RACK

$16.38

Need more space in your cabinets make yourself this very easy hanging pot rack.
YOU WILL NEED
1 -1 1/2 inch thick X 48 inch long piece of wood
2 - ceiling hooks
8 - eye screws (e-screws)
6 - S screws
Needle-lose Pliers (n-pliers)
Drill with bits
Tape Measure
Stud Finder
Chain ( length will depend on how high you want it to hang from your ceiling)
DIY HANGING POT RACK
DIY HANGING POT RACK
Start by measuring and marking the spaces were you'll need to pre-drill your holes.
When drilling the 2 holes on the top make sure not to drill to close to the end leave yourself a inch or two of space. Then screw in your e-screws and with your n- pliers pull your e-screw slightly open and slide in  your chain.
When drilling the 2 holes on the top make sure not to drill to close to the end leave yourself a inch or two of space. Then screw in your e-screws and with your n- pliers pull your e-screw slightly open and slide in your chain.
At the bottom of your 1 1/2" wooden beam drill 6 holes. Make sure to give yourself enough space to hang your pots and pans. Then screw in your e-screw and hang your s-hooks. With your n- pliers pinch your s-hooks shut.
With a stud finer or your hand find the wood beam in your ceiling and screw in your ceiling hooks.
When complete hang your pot rack from the ceiling and your done.
Christina Falcon

• Wild Blackberry Farm Inc.

Love this idea, but if you don't have an opening above your cabinets you can mount a curtain rod, use O rings and S hooks and it looks great too.

diy hanging pot rack, storage ideas, I mounted the rack above the sink in front of the windowdiy hanging pot rack, storage ideas, It is compact and easy to access too
  • Lynne

Years ago I did this with old shutters. Hung the shutters from the ceiling and then put hooks in them and hung my pots. I loved it and I thought I was a "genius". Would like to do it now but my ceiling is too low.