Make CHEAP Cheap Sheet Curtains With Pipe Curtain Rods - With VIDEO

$20.00

I had a spare room in my home I turned into a photo studio. But with south facing windows, the light was pretty harsh and direct. Not a bad problem to have!
But that's not good for photos. Diffusing the light was the goal.
With cheap sheets from Ikea and a few pipe fittings, the perfect, sun diffusing curtains were born.
Included is a video on how to use a hand held pipe cutter... they are super affordable and do an amazing job.
Here's how I did it...
Click to see the rest of the room on Hometalk
pipes ikea sheets mop head coolest curtains ever with video, how to, window treatments, windows
Industrial meets beach. Love this classic, funky style!
These cheap sheet curtains are the perfect light diffusers! Teamed up with pipe fittings and mop head strings, they are easy to make too.
The windows before did not work. They had those massive sliding blinds that blocked out the light completely when closed. Not good. Let's fix this room up right.
The plumbing components can be found at any hardware store. You'll also require an anchor and screw kit.
VIDEO / A hand held pipe cutter can be had for around $15 and is SO easy to use!
Cheap Ikea sheets (about $3) made the best presewn curtain panels. They are sheer and gauzy to allow the light to penetrate, yet still stop the glare.
A new mop head offered the coolest tabs for curtains. I just cut the strings, knotted them and sewed them onto the sheets. The blog post link shows you more detail.
The cheap sheet and pipe curtains polished the room off perfectly! They'd be perfect for any room you desire a little softness, yet to allow that amazing light in.
Click the blog link below for more!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Aleena Erickson

I love the idea! But the pipe and stanchions really add up --I am not sure CHEAP, Cheap is the right title! I like the ties and that could translate into a variety of materials like ribbon, or twine, etc.
  • Ann

The view out of the windows looks completely different?
    • FunkyJunk Interiors -...Canada Good eye Ann! When I was cleaning up the room, it was still winter. Once the curtains were done, it was spring / summer. I used an earlier shot to capture the before.