DIY ~ Horseshoe Fairy Door

I fell in love with some hand-forged fairy doors, but at $58 dollars, the price scared me away! So, I figured out how to get the look for cheap!
Horseshoe Fairy Door
A friend had given me tons of used horseshoes and I had some reclaimed wood, so off to the hardware store I went for the rest of the materials!
Horseshoe Fairy Door Materials
Horseshoe Fairy Door Construction
After laying the materials out to check my design, I used a horseshoe to trace the doors out on wood. A jig saw made quick work of cutting them out. I used a box cutter knife to make "planks" on the doors and stained them.
Paint the horseshoes and hinges!
After the stain and paint were dry, I glued all the pieces together! Quick, easy and less than $5 each! Next time, I think I'll use up some leftover colorful paints I have. These Horseshoe Fairy Doors would be cute used inside or out!
Please check out my blog link below for all the details , instructions and more pictures! Thanks and happy crafting!

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Barb Rosen

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen

Terrific, Cheryl! They are lots of fun to make and look good outside or even on the baseboard in a little girl's room!

• Cheryl Gillman
      Cheryl Gillman

Ahh I never even thought of that! I have 3 daughters! That's a great idea!

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen

I have a few at the base of trees and have also given them to nieces who put them in their rooms!