DIY ~ Horseshoe Fairy Door

I fell in love with some hand-forged fairy doors, but at $58 dollars, the price scared me away! So, I figured out how to get the look for cheap!
Horseshoe Fairy Door
A friend had given me tons of used horseshoes and I had some reclaimed wood, so off to the hardware store I went for the rest of the materials!
Horseshoe Fairy Door Materials
Horseshoe Fairy Door Construction
After laying the materials out to check my design, I used a horseshoe to trace the doors out on wood. A jig saw made quick work of cutting them out. I used a box cutter knife to make "planks" on the doors and stained them.
Paint the horseshoes and hinges!
After the stain and paint were dry, I glued all the pieces together! Quick, easy and less than $5 each! Next time, I think I'll use up some leftover colorful paints I have. These Horseshoe Fairy Doors would be cute used inside or out!
Please check out my blog link below for all the details , instructions and more pictures! Thanks and happy crafting!

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Barb Rosen

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen

Terrific, Cheryl! They are lots of fun to make and look good outside or even on the baseboard in a little girl's room!

• Cheryl Gillman
      Cheryl Gillman

Ahh I never even thought of that! I have 3 daughters! That's a great idea!

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen

I have a few at the base of trees and have also given them to nieces who put them in their rooms!