HGTVGardens
HGTVGardens
  • Atlanta, GA

4 Tips for Landscape Design Success

If you feel fenced in (literally) by your bland backyard, these design principles from our resident expert Felder Rushing will guide you in making landscaping decisions that will transform your grass patch into a garden haven. Choose a 'little bit of everything' to give your garden layers or color and texture. Use an eye-catching hard structure like a pergola or group of chairs as a central focal point. A pathway guides visitors and helps break up the area visually. Fill in the remaining gaps with flowers, shrubs, herbs or other plants of your choosing and Voila! Your garden is born.
Give yourself a place to go - and a way to get there.
A simple sitting area surrounded with interesting plants is a great start.
A circular walk and bench set off a small throw-rug lawn and mixed flowers and shrubs.
HGTVGardens

• Elizabeth Sagarminaga

I just loved the circular walk, it looks great. Moreover, the garden path and the sitting area is also nice. Could you please tell us about what stones you have used in the sitting area under the chairs? Thank you in advance for any replies.

• Jeffrey Goodman

I really like having a fenced backyard. That way it is my space but also, I want to put in a path from the house to the pond we have. That way it just connects with the pond a little bit more. http://www.mcdonaldgardencenter.com/landscapes