Tuscan Inspired Kitchen Remodel

When we first saw our house, I fell in love with the kitchen… actually the potential the kitchen had. I looked beyond the floral wallpaper, white laminate cabinets and blue countertops and saw a kitchen with great bones. It was a nice size kitchen and perfect layout. From the kitchen you can see outside into the yard, you can see the front door and it had an open floor plan into the family room. This is the best kitchen layout I have ever had in a house.
While I love a white kitchen, I really wanted a Tuscan inspired kitchen with warm wood cabinets, creamy natural tile and dark earth tone colored walls. I love anything Italian, but didn’t want to go heavy Italian. I went Tuscan-lite and picked rustic alder wood cabinets, natural colored granite and tile, and accessorized with Italian style decor. What do you think of the transformation?
Here is a view from the kitchen looking into the family room.
The kitchen island is my favorite. Although in my next house I would like a plain island with no stove or sink.
Come see how I decorated my kitchen with Tuscan inspired decor.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
This Makes That

• Hannah V

Beautiful! I love Tuscan style!

• Janet

I am honestly tired of white.....my dream kitchen... I was going to paint my cabinets white, but it has taken several years to get to that project. So now I am rethinking. I love the Tuscan and French look. I am not much on one theme, just mostly eclectic, but the European look is more my lane. I don't care for big furniture or bold colors.

So I am either going to sand down the cabinets and leave them the natural oak or go with a sage that lets the wood grain show. They are beautifully well made oak.

Thanks for inspiring me. You did a beautiful job!!