McCall Manor
McCall Manor
  • Winter Garden, FL

Electrical Spool Turned Clock Face

Hey Y'all! I just wanted to show you this easy project that packs a big punch. I have a friend that is an electrician and can get his hands on these giant electrical spools for me. It's a bit of a project to get them apart, but once that is done it is a breeze.
electrical spool turned clock face, chalk paint, how to, painting, pallet, repurposing upcycling
Once the nuts and bolts are loosened and removed, these big spools just fall apart. It just takes some muscle if there is any rust.
But look at that gorgeous thick wood! I painted it with left over chalk paint and (paris grey and pure white) to give it a weathered look.
I cut roman numeral using my Silhouette machine. Did you know that IIII is used on more clocks than IV for the number 4? Weird fact brought to you by MM.
I used IV because, well, the Romans would be offended.
After painting on the numbers I sanded each number to give it a weathered look (apparently I don't like perfection).
So, what do you think? Like it , Love it or Hate it? Stop by my blog for more projects and DIYs.
McCall Manor

• Kincaid99

Very professional, nicely done. Thanks for sharing, I love it. It never ceases to amaze me, used to have to be painted perfect, then came Shabby Chic, which I told my husband really means "not able to" or "don't want to try", but I still prefer to paint the old way for my stuff, I have painted some shabby chic on furniture to sell.

• Gog7895126

Anybody know WHERE these can be found.. I heard mention of Lowes, Home Depot or maybe the telephone company? If these are electrical spools, can you get them from farm type supply stores???