Shanna Gilbert
Shanna Gilbert
  • Wichita, KS

Turquoise Antique Dresser

I bought this dresser at Goodwill. I was in rough shape and was painted an awful mustard color. I painted it with turquoise DIY chalkpaint and distressed it so just a bit of the mustard showed through. I repainted the great original hardware and coated the dresser in AS clear wax. It sold the day I posted it.
turquoise antique dresser, painted furniture
Shanna Gilbert

• Jillian

Hi there. I am new to posting / asking etc. Just wondering if you just sell your refinished pcs locally only? The reason I ask is I very very much enjoy flipping pcs like this and have had lots of success and positive feedback from family and friends... but I'm looking into starting to sell the pcs I do... any tips? Thanks for your time! And what a beautiful job you did on this piece! Luv it!!

• Carmen Carnegie

I have a similar piece, now I know what colour to paint it 😊

• Shanna Gilbert

Thanks so much! I currently only sell my pieces locally. I have a furniture booth and I do a lot of custom pieces for clients from home. I have tried shipping pieces in the past but that turned out to be a big mess. Shipping companies can be very costly and I had several times where the piece was damaged in transit and even lost once. I found it to be too big of a headache and just do it all locally now. Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Jillian

Thanks so much for your quick response!! Yes, a big help and Good luck to you too! God bless.