DIY Beachy Chair

How to take a tag sale chair from trash to treasure with chalk paint in deliciously be achy shades! An easy and rewarding project.
Have you ever spotted a piece of furniture at a garage sale or second hand store and just KNEW you could fix it up and make it beautiful? Me too… that’s what happened with this chair.
When I first spotted this it, I saw so much potential.
It had beautiful relief work that I knew could really pop if I painted and sanded it. The chair also had graceful lines, and the caning on the back was in perfect condition. On the downside, The upholstery was discolored and stained.But that was a problem I knew I could solve. I was excited for the challenge and to see how Chalky Finish Paint would totally transform it. I decided to paint the chair and the cushion, since it was so stained and icky. Bottom line, I needed some bright paint!
Supplies: Two 8oz Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting, One 8 oz Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Treasure and One 8 oz Americana Decor Creme Wax. I also used a small foam roller brush since I was painting the cushion, as well as paintbrushes and sand paper.
DIRECTIONS
1. Wipe down the furniture with a damp rag and snip any loose threads off.
2. Remove cushion and mix 3/4 part Everlasting to 1/4 part water.
3. Apply two coats of the paint to the cushion, allowing the paint plenty of time to dry.
4. Give the rest of the chair two coats of Everlasting.
5. Use painter’s tape to tape off the upholstery and back of the chair.
6. Next, give the chair a coat of Treasure. I purposely didn’t force the paint in all the nooks and crannies.
7. Apply two coats of Treasure, letting the paint dry between coats.
9. Then do any touch ups that you need to do.
10. Next apply a coat of Creme Wax. I used a rag to gently wipe it away. And now you can enjoy your chair!

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Malia Karlinsky

• Hannah V

Such a pretty makeover!

• Mary

I love this it's super pretty, and the colors too! I have one in desperate need of painting, but the back is also upholstery..I plan to use it as a vanity chair so I'm hoping chalk painting it will leave it easy to wipe off (: thanks for inspiring (: