Add Driftwood for a Beachy Lantern

A recent trip to the beach meant there was another armload of driftwood coming home with me. I can never resist the shape and colour of driftwood pieces. But since we don't live in a coastal town, adding it to my decor always seems to "themey". So I tried to implement it into my patio decor without adding too much "sun and sand" to the area.
This lantern was a yard sale find for $1. It originally had glass in it, but the vendor said that it had broken. I bought all 5 of her collection. The others are hanging from the back of my deck. But this last one needed something. The driftwood adds some light to the black metal.
I simply placed a battery operated candle in the lantern and added some smaller driftwood pieces around it. The final touch was the addition of the allium seed heads. They add a bit of airiness.
It's important to use battery operated candles in this type of project. You wouldn't want a stray flame catching the alliums - they would create a fire quite quickly.
My favourite little piece was this "knot" which had a little hole. The perfect place to tuck in a battery operated tea light. (The one in the photo is actually a real one I used for photography purposes - it's since been replaced).

Heather (New House New Home)