Vintage Headboards
Vintage Headboards
  • Frisco, TX

5 Panel, 90 yr old door converted into a King Size Door Headboard.

Our Customer had an existing piece that they wanted us to match. We used oak for the crown molding and top shelf. We hand-scraped the top of the shelf then added several layers of finishing wax. The front of the door was sealed to preserve the natural distressing.

5 panel 90 yr old door converted into a king size door headboard, doors, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling

• L Barnes

I have an old door I want to use for the headBoard. My door is not thick as the 4 x4 post. What did you use to make the door as thick as the post?
    • Vintage Headboards

Good afternoon. Are you putting a crown molding shelf on top or any kind of top on your headboard? Why do you want to make the door as thick as the 4x4? If it's easier - please call us at 214-289-3862 and I can walk you through options to solve your challenge.
  • Glenda granger

My question is I want to use the 4x4 posts and put old 5 panel door in between it with cap posts on top. But not sure how far up a 6' 4x4 I should go for a queen bed.

• Vintage Headboards

If you are asking about a total height that is personal preference. The od doors vary from 24" wide to 36" wide. The other measurement you want to consider is the distance from the floor to the top of your mattress. I generally make my headboards about an inch lower than the top of the mattress. Please feel free to call me at 972-668-2603 if you have any additional questions.

• Glenda granger

• Vintage Headboards

Please see my answer below. Please feel free to call us at 972-668-2603 if you have any additional questions.

• Kathy Sorrentino

love this, I did this a few years ago still love it

• KatAych

I love, love, love the look of this!!! I just (hopefully) scored some free, 3-panel doors from craigslist, as well!!! Going to grab whatever he has available...I was thinking of making upholstered pieces for the panels...thanks for the inspiration!!!