Furniture Makeover With Stain and Finish in One

3-4 Days

A few months ago, I came across this two-tone piece at my local used furniture shop and just had to have it! I love the look of it and I saw the potential it had if I put some work into it.
I bought a one step stain and finish from Minwax that can be applied over other finishes, but with the damage on the top I thought it would be best to completely sand it. It looks like the drawer fronts had been painted before with the drips of paint on the sides, so I also had to sand off the side edges of the drawers.
I thought the best way to get the drawers to closely match the rest of it, would be to add one more coat of stain to the drawers. I ended up coating the frame of the dresser with two coats of stain and finish, and the drawers with three coats. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty close!
I really didn't like the gold knobs so I replaced them with these clear knobs I found at Home Depot.
I usually choose satin finishes but I think the gloss has a nice finish. I don't really know what I am going to do with it yet, but for now it's making a nice storage piece for my dining room/ living room combo.
To see more photos and a cost breakdown for this project, visit the link below!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Karla @ Small Town Rambler

• Lori Peters

I have 2 old wood bookcases. I have lightly sanded and applied a Minwax Pecan penetrating stain. Can I apply a wood wax to give some luster and aid in dusting?