Tea for 2 Thrifty Makeover

I didn't plan it, but I think I'm a silver tea pot collector. This is the 2nd one I found at a thrift store and I couldn't resist it's charm, or the price. I knew I could use it for something.
The tea cups and saucers were way on the other side of Goodwill. There was only 2 that matched, but what a perfect set for 2 this made!
I got it home, and made tea in my favorite tea cup that looks nothing like these. No way was I using my finds for tea!!! I wanted to repurpose them...I wanted to make them over...but how?
Just buy $9 roses, that's how!! These lasted 2 weeks in our foyer on our black stereo console up against our silver platter wall. I hope you'll come see!

Redheadcandecorate.com

• Nan

Do you clean the tarnish off and shine the pot, or leave it as you found it?

• Janet

No, the patina is part of the charm, to a lot of us, but to each his own.

Ones that I have bought I rubbed down with a soft cloth to remove dirt and grime, but want the patina to stay!!

• LINDA

I, too, accidentally became a Silver teapot collector...just since February when my husband spotted a gorgeous tipping teapot ...I had to have it...and since then, I've found so many gorgeous different shapes. Another beautiful treat is painting the teapot...in say a vintage pink or rose or green or ivory then stencil, tole paint or apply water decals with a rose pattern, talk about unique and a conversation piece! Love your idea!!
  • Geeswonderland

You got a deal on them tea cups they are anywhere between $5 and $10 at Goodwill over here.. Love the finished look!!