Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

Hen and Chicks in Barnacles

I love flower gardening. Planning what to plant "IN" is as much fun for me as choosing the plants. I think hen and chicks (Sempervivum) will grow in just about anything. Why not barnacles?
I planted one half of my terra cotta pot with a New Guinea impatiens that would compliment the color of the barnacles.
The barnacles filled in nicely over the summer.  I made sure to sprinkle them with a little water now and then.
The barnacles filled in nicely over the summer. I made sure to sprinkle them with a little water now and then.
hen and chicks in barnacles, flowers, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor
These are my $2 garage sale barnacles.
These are my $2 garage sale barnacles.
Organized Clutter

• Lois Franklin

Barnacles? That's got to be the craziest idea I've ever seen! But, all I've ever seen before are the little dull gray ones. These are beautiful, and huge, and you've done a great job with them. Very pretty!

• Organized Clutter

@Lois Franklin Thanks. It's fun to think of ways to use the versatile hen and chicks.

• Nancy Turner

Try aquarium supply sites. One of our locally owned pet stores sells barnacle bunches that look exactly like that.