DIY Kate Spade Inspired Pencil Holder From Repurposed Planter

$9.99

I am so happy to be a part of the challenge with 6 other bloggers. This month I challenged the bloggers to create a new look for this small ceramic planter. I came up with a Kate Spade Inspired Pencil Holder!
I love how this project turned out. It was a very simply repurposing project that will last for a long time!
Here is the ceramic white planter we all started with. Nothing extraordinary. Great shape, but it needs some oomph. I found the perfect inspiration to makeover the planter during some wedding gift shopping this weekend.
I loved the Kate Spade Vase I found and wanted to mimic the design on the planter. All you will need is black sharpie to pull off this look. For the Kate Spade inspiration picture, head over to my blog, http://www.casawatkins.net/2015/07/kate-spade-inspired-pencil-holder.html.
I think a little extra pop is needed for this little guy.
Enter my gold leaf pen! Yes, its the same pen I used for my DIY Gold Leaf Vase. Check that out here, http://www.casawatkins.net/2015/07/diy-gold-leaf-vase-makeover.html. Pop it in a cool oven and set the temp on 350F. Once the oven is preheated, set your timer for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes, turn the oven off and keep the planter in the oven until it has cooled completely.
It may not be the perfect size as the Kate Spade inspirational vase, but it's just the right size to hold some pencils and desk supplies.

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

1 comment