From 1985 to Cottage Chic Family Room

Just about 2 years ago we moved into our home. Grateful for the opportunity to buy a house, but it would be one that had tons of work that needed to be done. The house screamed 1985! With that yellowish gold Oak all over and the outdated red brick fireplace and not to mention the pink carpets...this house was going to give us a run for our money. Luckily I knew that paint can change everything and is a really great inexpensive way to give any room a tremendous update.
Some craigslist finds and DIY furniture projects we took our outdated room to a cottage chic cozy space. Neutral tones are my favorite to use which creates a calming living area and bright room. Not to mention this family room is tiny so to give it the best layout with furniture and brightness we could get would help to bring the space to it's fullest potential!
Adding the right accessories to a space is so important. I try to find ones that I truly love and that colors works wonderfully with the room.
I think one of the biggest changes we made was the fireplace! We built our own mantel around the brick and gave the brick a white wash technique.
It just feels like home!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Deb Foglia

• Pam

Did you make the white wreath? It is gorgeous. Any hints?

• Deb Foglia

Thank you Pam, unfortunately this one is not a DIY in my house. Definitely something you can attempt to make yourself though.

• Irene

Absolutely beautiful! You did a great job. It looks soooo very cozy. Did you make the large wreath to the left of the fireplace? If so, do you have a tutorial on that. I really love it. Thanks for sharing.

• Davidbilliebabe

How to make the white wreath?

• Eroque022810

I really like what you have done. I know you said that it was a small room yet you got so much into it that it appears to be large. I love how you have an eye to buy things that go so well together. Really a great job,come decorate mine. I'm happy with my DR but can't get into what to put on walls in my LR the furniture is new, hopefully it will go into family room soon because not what I really wanted my husband loved it which is fine but he never sits in here he is always in family room. Anyway I love your room.

• Deb Foglia

Thank you so much, you are so sweet!