DIY Open Frames

Do you like to change out pictures frequently? With four grandchildren, I love switching out their photos often. With these easy to make open frames, I can do that without taking down the frames.
I used four frames I bought at the Dollar Tree, burlap sheets, rope, mini clips and chalk paint to put these together. I also used hot glue and sand paper.
Using Waverly brand chalk paint in Celery, I gave each frame two coats.
To paint the mini clips, I placed a toothpick between the clips to hold onto while painting.
I cut the burlap sheets to size along with a piece of card stock and placed those in the frame. I put the glass in next to make it sturdy and followed that with the cardboard backing.
I used a medium grit sand paper to distress the edges of the frame to give it the look that would match the room these are going in.
These are going into a room that has cottage/coastal decor, so I decided to use a piece of rope on the back of each frame to hang them. I hot used the ends onto the cardboard back. The mini clip is also hot glued onto the front of the frame.
These frames are 5 x 7 and they hold a 4 x 6 frame nicely, letting some of the burlap show around the photo.
Supplies: Frames, Paint, Burlap, Rope, Mini Clips, Sand Paper and Hot Glue, Paint brush.. I had everything on hand except for the frames, so my total cost was $4.00. I love how quick and easy these are to make and how quickly I can change out the photos, too!
I'd love for you to visit me at the link below for more details.

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Z

What a cute idea Beverly! I'm allergic to burlap, but I'm sure it would look just as cute with another basic fabric. These could be used for love notes and reminders of appointments at a back door too.

• This is such a brilliant idea for frames that you want to change out the photos regularly. Love it!