Picking a paint color

+30
I am trying to decide what color to paint my office. I have these teal curtains that I love so it must go with them. Any ideas? The room gets lots of sun. I have attached a photo of the curtains.
q picking a paint color, paint colors, painting
  • Gail Salminen Gail Salminen on Jul 30, 2015
    @Kerry Woytkewicz love the colour of the curtains. Just about anything will go. I would suggest a taupe colour in the lighter tones - very neutral and tranquil but still reflects some light. Good ambiance for working. You could use some accent pieces in turquoise/teal and some in black if you like. Do post after pics when you are done - love those picks.
  • Z Z on Jul 30, 2015
    We need a lot more information about what's in your room. Pictures of the room and its furnishings would help Hometalkers help you too. Without more info, I can only guess that maybe a medium gray could work.
  • Kerry Veen Kerry Veen on Jul 31, 2015
    I can't share photo of the room right now. We moved in a year ago and it ended up being the room all our junk goes in. There are two book shelves and two desks. Both desks are mahogany and the bookshelves are maple. Also an oak filing cabinet. I'd like to paint all of that as well, but I would lil to pick a wall paint first.
  • Jud1016678 Jud1016678 on Jul 31, 2015
    Off white, light tan, taupe, pearl!
  • Barb P Barb P on Jul 31, 2015
    I would go with a very light soft grey and you can add additional accent colors besides the teal curtains
  • Robin Robin on Jul 31, 2015
    I would take a panel to the paint dept and match it with a paint strip that has the various paint colors from dark to light, and choose one of the lighter tones for your walls. Maybe do 2 different colors!
  • Kate Kate on Jul 31, 2015
    I'd use a pale yellow or cream. It'll keep the room soft and soothing. I also agree with Robin, a lighter shade of that blue would give you a nice tonal look.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jul 31, 2015
    If you take the panel with you to a paint store you can color match with a lighter version for one wall then compliment the remaining walls with a different color such a a pearl grey
  • Bonita Boeers Bonita Boeers on Jul 31, 2015
    If you are trying to keep the rm soft I would do a soft peach, or if you want it to pop how about orange or a burt orange
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett Cyndi Moore Tippett on Jul 31, 2015
    If contemporary choose the same color in a pale version. Country decor a soft yellow. Traditional a taupe color. Great choice can do about any color you like.
  • Pat nugent Pat nugent on Jul 31, 2015
    Soft Stone goes nice with teal
  • Amandakayesnana Amandakayesnana on Jul 31, 2015
    I would use a pearl grey.
  • Becky Becky on Jul 31, 2015
    yellow
  • Rus1058682 Rus1058682 on Jul 31, 2015
    I would suggest a light slate grey color..
  • Kan637427 Kan637427 on Jul 31, 2015
    grey color
  • Margaret Margaret on Jul 31, 2015
    I did a burnt orange with that color....
  • Sherry Fram Sherry Fram on Jul 31, 2015
    I would use gray or light aqua with white or black trim.
  • Kathrine Anderson Kathrine Anderson on Jul 31, 2015
    I have seen that color paired with pink and it was beautiful.
  • A Taupe or a Camel would really make them pop!!
  • Lori Jackson Lori Jackson on Jul 31, 2015
    Pale gray or pale yellow.. Lovely drapes.
  • Carole Carole on Aug 01, 2015
    Straw from Benjamin Moore its pale yellow
  • Bonnie Bonnie on Aug 01, 2015
    I love teal with a light citrusy green.
  • Lyn Peterson Marshall Lyn Peterson Marshall on Aug 01, 2015
    please share final pictures, wall color and curtains together
  • Cindydennis Cindydennis on Aug 03, 2015
    Yellow
  • Cornelia Schott Cornelia Schott on Aug 03, 2015
    Sherwin Williams agreeable gray or repose gray
  • CGraceB CGraceB on Aug 03, 2015
    Whatever color you pick just make sure it's the one. Get a trial size and paint a spot that doesn't get as much sun and the brightest spot and live with for a few days.
  • Slgibbs1 Slgibbs1 on Aug 12, 2015
    I have always loved teal with a medium to light gray
  • Kerry Veen Kerry Veen on Sep 05, 2015
    Thanks everyone. I've decided on Valspar's Foggy Mirror. It is light gray. I'll post pics in a few weeks when it is painted.
  • Kerry Veen Kerry Veen on May 23, 2016
    Well I finally decided and painted. Maybe decided is a strong word. I got paint for our bathroom and didn't like it in there so in an effort not to waste it I used it in the office.