Kitchen Transformation

We turned our old outdated Kitchen into a room to enjoy!
When we moved into our house several years ago, the kitchen was the one room in the house that we did not like at all.
Rather than remove all the old cupboards, we painted, and added new cabinets up top. As well, added new counter tops to the existing counters, new back splash and voila! It is now the room in the house we love the most and spend many hours of eating and entertaining there.
I don't think it was days of moving in that I said the counter tops have to go, but it wasn't in our budget at the time so I said heck we are going to eventually get rid of them so why not paint over them in the meantime....
I waited until hubby was away on business to start the job. I proceeded to work one section at a time. I first coated the counter top with a flat black base.
I collected a few counter top samples at our local hardware store and tried to match it up the same as the sample.
I took several of my craft paints and a sponge and added one color at a time until I got the look that I was going for.
Once the counter tops were complete, we then started the process of painting out all the cupboards and replacing the old hardware with new more modern fixtures. We added new lighting and it was starting to feel a whole lot better.
Once we were ready to install new counter tops, we decided why not just add on to our existing island rather than have a new one installed. So my hubby went down to his workshop and created an extension that could be added.
This photo shows the island with it's new extension. We also removed the old linoleum flooring and had new ceramic installed.
We then called Granite Transformations to come in and install new granite tops that went right over our old existing counter tops and wow what a difference it made. http://www.granitetransformations.com/ottawa/ and
The next step was to add faux cabinets to add height. In this photo you can see my hubby adding the faux cabinets. We purchased clear glass and added frosted vinyl. We wanted the frosted glass so that once the lighting was added you would not see the wiring.
And voila here is the finished product again.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Chicona

• Elsa

Hi, I'm confused. Are you talking about 2 kitchens here? I thought you said you changed out that blueish counter top for a black one which you then painted so it looked like it had different , golds, etc. in it. bit the final pic shows the counter top is white. Please tell me what is correct. Thanks.

• Elsa

Also....another question for you. Can you share a little something about the wiring that was needed behind each new little box. How many holes did you end up putting in the walls for each of the boxes, where did you places the holes in the wall (behind each box ort was there a different way than what I imagine.