Cleaning Between the Glass on an Oven Door

About 5 years ago, it was definitely a Thursday...how do I know it was a Thursday?Because it was Thanksgiving. We had just bought a great double wall oven. The old one had bit the dust and wasn't keeping the temperature any more. So we had this great wall oven delivered just in time to entertain about 20 members of our family.
cleaning between the glass on an oven door, appliances, cleaning tips, how to
Things were going along great, all the sides were done, the turkey was done and ready to be removed from the oven. The only problem was that when removing the turkey from the oven he managed to drip, and that dripping found its way to the inside of the oven door. Yup dripping between the glass. And that is how my oven door has looked for 5 years.
See those vents in the door, they lead right to between the glass.
Over the years, I did get out the owners manual to see if there was any way to clean the glass. I also unscrewed the screws but nothing moved.
Fast forward to this week, when I'm on Pinterest and lo and behold I find someone that has successfully cleaned between her glass on her oven doors. Her screws were placed a bit differently than mine but I was willing to give it a go one more time. Maybe I was missing something.
My screws did need a special screwdriver but I did have a drillbit that fit perfectly.
So, I undid all my top screws...nothing. Wait, there are a few more screws going down the side...still nothing. It didn't pop open like they promised.
Eventually I found that only the top screws had to be removed. There are even springs inside the door to assist you.
My door did not pop open when the screws were undone. I did manage to get the door apart with one simple little trick. If your oven door popped open with the removal of the screws great, clean away.
If your oven is like mine, you may need one more tool... a simple kitchen knife to gently pry the frame away from the door. It may seem unnatural, but the door just pops right open.
Why this is not in the owners manual, I have no idea. You may want to place a chair under the door to support your oven door while you clean. And here is the oven door, all ready to be cleaned with a degreaser.
If you need more pictures, I hope you get a chance to stop by.
Note: When I posted this I had no idea so many people had the same problem. I had read another post where someone had cleaned between their glass so I tried it. Mine worked so well (with just a little prodding) that I thought I'd share. If you have any misgivings about doing this..don't. One person said her glass broke, I am truly sorry. Another person said I bent the frame on my oven...I didn't. This has been my most read post ever, which I find extremely funny because I'm not the best housekeeper. I would actually prefer to be known for my wood crafting and diys.
ScavengerChic

• Mal21657625

I have a self-cleaning oven 10+ years old I haven't cleaned . What will happen if I clean it now ,will it catch on fire. need help.

• Mary
      2 hours ago

Because. I, too, had the same problem, when I finally decided to use the self cleaning method, I thought "piece a cake", walked away, 5 minutes later....smoke alarms all over the house and we were all panicking trying to get the door open after shutting down the oven(it wouldn't unlock and the fire department was at our front door.....

• Diana Deiley

Think of it this way someone in a factory put it together, so 'we' can take it apart, right? Yes we can. Take a 'before' picture with your phone for referencing when you put it back together. I will be cleaning my oven door this weekend  !

• Vik

once you got it open, what kind of degreaser did you usr

• ScavengerChic

Just use an all purpose glass cleaner and degreaser. Dont remember the brand I used, it has been 4 years now. Good luck

• Kak in ky

I’m going to try this!! We had granite countertops put in a couple more f years ago. The dust got between the glass. It’s been driving me crazy!!!!

• Erica Stephenson
    30 minutes ago

I am definitely going to try this! I have spider webs in my oven door so annoying!