Headboard Bench

A client of mine ordered a headboard bench with storage for one of her daughters. She brought her daughter out to the farm to pick out the headboard, paint and fabric and this is the headboard she picked out. She also requested storage under the seat.
I started out by removing the lattice panels because we decided to upholster the inserts.
Next I went searching in my stash for a foot board to use. I ended up using this foot board, cutting off the top of the post and replacing it with ones that were more rounded like the posts of the headboard. Then I but the foot board in half and built the bench with storage.
I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Country Grey. I waxed it with both clear and dark wax. And distressed it a little bit.
I love this fabric and had been saving it for just the right bench. And this was definitely the right one! The seat lifts up to reveal storage space.
I upholstered the back panels and reinstalled them. I love the way this one turned out and so did my client. I have made a ton of headboard benches but this one is definitely in the top 5. For more details or to see other headboard benches, head on over to my blog.

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Holly@Full Circle Creations