DIY - Citrus Infused Vinegar Cleaning Solution

Vinegar is an incredibly powerful liquid. There are almost endless health benefits by using it both inside and outside your body (recipe here, here and here. ) You probably also know it can be used as a replacement for most cleaning solutions and detergents, and because it is so good for your health, it has almost no dangerous side effects. If anything, using vinegar as your goto cleaner can only improve the health of you and your family.
Adding citrus to a vinegar cleaner not only adds a pleasant smell, but it increases the cleaning power. Like many toxic cleaners, citrus helps it cut through grease, destroy molds and bacterias that may be hiding in your house and more. There are recipes out there for mixing vinegar with essential oils to get the same thing, but there's something nice about making it yourself that we just love at our house.
Here is the recipe:1. Fill a one quart mason jar with citrus peels.
2. Cover peels with white vinegar, place lid on jar, shake and allow to sit for 2-3 weeks.
3. Strain the citrus peels out of the vinegar.
4. Mix the vinegar solution and water in a spray bottle. (You can mix it in a 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 solution depending on how strong you want your solution)
5. If you want more recipes and how-tos for making your own cleaners, check out this great post! http://www.theyummylife.com/Natural_Citrus_Vinegar_Cleaners

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Jeremy Dixon

• Flb33953599
    Flb33953599

would this attract ants?

• Lora
      Lora

Vinegar is a preservative. It is used to make pickles, for example. I would expect it to last for years.

• Sandra H
    Sandra H

I have what is referred to as an 'Osage orange' tree. The fruit of this tree is as beautiful as any orange, yet too bitter to eat. My question is, can I use them for this great project?

• Hamdy
    Hamdy

Can I use that for Wool carpets?

Thanks

• Constance Wickens
    Constance Wickens

Thanks! I use vinegar and never knew it could be improved to clean and smell better.
  • Anna Smith
    Anna Smith

Yes, I am about to peel and eat an orange, putting peel into a vinegar-filled jar immediately!

such a sweet-smelling cleaning product.

Thank you.