Hot Glue Flowers

Have I got something for you that's so amazing and easy to make - flowers that are made entirely out of hot glue! Wow! It's almost unbelievable!
To get started, you just need a hot glue gun, lots of glue sticks, parchment paper and or silicone mat and a large spoon or bone folder or just about anything with handles to smooth the hot glue out.
Begin by placing a sheet of parchment paper or silicone mat over your work station. Squeeze out a dollop of hot glue on the paper or mat in a circular motion. Small petals will need a small blob of hot glue and large petals will need large blobs of hot glue.
Cover the glue blob with a small piece of parchment paper and using the spoon or bone folder, smooth out the hot glue by pushing out and down. For a more decorative edge, push and flatten the glue at 12-3-6-9 marks so you won't get a plain round circle. I also used the palm of my hand in a circular motion to help flatten the glue.
After flattening the glue, roll up the silicon mat and or parchment papers with the glue sandwiched between and let cool. Rolling the glue helps give dimension and texture to the petals.
Unroll - the curved glue petal easily peels off the parchment paper and silicone mat. If you see holes in the glue, just add more hot glue on the holes and fatten with parchment paper or mat. Don't worry about any small air bubbles. For one flower, you should make 3-4 small hot glue petals and 4-5 large hot glue petals.
To assemble the flowers, take a small petal and roll up loosely, making sure you leave hollow opening at both ends in case you want to insert twinkle lights. Seal with hot glue.
Take another small petal and add hot glue to center and attach small rolled petal. Add hot glue to ends of petal to seal. Be careful adding the hot glue. I used the mat and parchment paper to roll and seal the glue to avoid glue burns. Keep a small bowl of ice water nearby for dunking fingers if you get hot glue on them.
Continue gluing on petals, overlapping and alternating previously glued on petals into a flower shape.
Have fun assembling your flower with hot glue! Soon you'll have a lovely flower that feels like rubber and is very flexible!
The opening in the first petal allows for inserting LED string lights if you want. Think outdoor decor or how about for holiday and special occasions!
And you can color them using nail polish, glass or acrylic paint, spray paint or alcohol inks. Your choice! But I think I like them just as they are! Amazing!

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Gail@Purple Hues and Me