Storywood Designs
Storywood Designs
  • Raleigh, NC

Adding Details to a Painted Dresser

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, it's only fitting that one of my moments involves diamonds and roses. I may paint and refinish furniture for a living, but I am a far cry from an artist. Painting the diamonds on the drawer front and figuring out the placement and layout of the compass rose on each end terrified me! I had nightmares of diamonds not lining up and the compass roses resembling a
A 2-toned compass rose filled the entire endcap of the dresser... one on each end.
White-washed diamonds were centered on each drawer.
Another shot of the compass rose... by far the most complicated thing I've ever painted!
Each diamond had to line up and look symmetrical... horizontally and vertically on the dresser.
Storywood Designs