A Herringbone Brick Stenciled Kitchen Backsplash

We both know that a kitchen renovation can be a huge expensive project. Sometimes all your kitchen needs is a little pick-me-up to go from drab to fab. A small stencil enhancement can go a long way in terms of decor. Today we're going to inspire you with a gorgeous kitchen backsplash makeover using one of our favorite herringbone wall patterns.

We'd like to welcome back Anne, the creative DIYer behind the blog White Lace Cottage. Not too long ago Anne stenciled her master bedroom and it looks like she's back at it again! For years now she has been wanting to add a backsplash to her kitchen.

This is what the kitchen looked like before:

Then Anne stumbled upon our Herringbone Brick Allover Stencil while browsing our website and it was stencil love at first sight. She knew it was the perfect pattern for her backsplash.

With her new stencil in hand, Anne was ready to start stenciling! She used blue painter's tape to hold the stencil in place and she painted the pattern in Heirloom Traditions Paint-Mocha and White Lace Paint. To give the stencil more dimension, Anne mixed in a Venetian texture medium.

After each section was complete, she would untape the stencil and reposition to finish the pattern on the wall. Anne commented, "I tried to make sure that they weren’t all the same color, as real bricks are all slightly a different color."

Once the stencil was complete, Anne added two coats of Aqua Clear Matte top coat to seal it. Ready to see how her kitchen backsplash turned out? Here is her newly stenciled kitchen.

Anne had this to say about using a stencil for a backsplash, "This is a great alternative to using real brick or tile and cost much less to do!"

Anne confesses that she loves the new look by saying, " I love the texture that I created, it really looks and feels like real brick! I love the imperfect shape of some of these bricks, and that was due to the venetian texture medium that I used."

For information about this space, please visit http://blog.cuttingedgestencils.com/?p=20012

Aqua Clear Matte Heirloom Traditions paint

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!

To see more: http://blog.cuttingedgestencils.com/?p=20012

• Katherine

Sure it looks pretty. How easy is it to clean though?

• Mary

WHAT DO YOU USE TO CLEAN IT WITH WHEN IT GETS DIRTY

• Jackie

Do you have a video of this project? More in depth instructions? It’s beautiful.

• Vicki

Can the above stencil be done over a current ceramicbackflash!

• Dana Raymond Stuhlreyer

To the ladies who asked where the before and after picture's are. I saw them as I scrolled down to see the comments. Beautiful job by the way.

• Elizabeth

1. how did you get the single straight vertical bricks on the ends?
    2. how did you get the stencil all the way to the top (just under the cabinets)?
    3. I bought the supplies. LOVE the look. can't figure out these technicalities. Please help...anxious to get started