Storywood Designs
Storywood Designs
  • Raleigh, NC

My Lucky Day at the Thrift Store... A Favorite Find

I never find what I'm looking for at the thrift store. I've found some amazing things, but if I go into the thrift store with a wish list, I've never walked out with one of the items on my list... until this past weekend. A thrifting trip with some friends yielded an item at the top of my wish list... a small card catalog.
It was dirty and the finish on the base of the card catalog was peeling and
My thrift store card catalog with its "mini-makeover"
I love that the thin coat of black paint shows the chipping and peeling of the original finish.
The wood was to pretty to paint and in good condition on the drawers.
I laid a piece of hardboard cut to size inside each drawer... allowing me to utilize them for storage with affecting how they originally looked.
Storywood Designs