DIY Curio Turned Wardrobe

I was at a garage sale eyeing this piece when the lady selling it ran over and said..."lets wheel and deal, if you buy this I will run it out to your car right now!" After a little negotiation on price I decided to take it home, and sure enough her and her son "ran" it right out to my car!
The result of this piece exceeded my expectations! Look below to see how I converted this piece!
As you can see the back has a mirror and there was glass on all sides of this piece as well as glass shelves.
I took all the glass out and painted the frame with DecoArts Chalky Finish Paint. This paint, much like chalk paint, can paint over just about anything without sanding. However, I did sand this piece a little bit to make sure it was smooth and sand out the dings.
After I painted the frame I cut out panels of bead board to fit in where the glass and the mirrors used to be! I painted those with 2 coats of the blue paint as well.
Once the blue paint had dried I used Everlasting (white) to dry brush the entire piece. I love the texture dry brushing gives to a piece!
I also found this pretty applique to add to the front door.
For the full tutorial and the afters head to my blog

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Brooke @ Start at Home

• Amy
    Amy

So whatcha gonna store in it? I have a cabinet just like it in my foyer and try to store hats and gloves and things. But the fall out every single time u grab anything... So, time for a new plan. Ideas?

• Lisa Sinclair
      Lisa Sinclair

How abt keeping it for hats and such. But put command strip type hangers inside, so they have a place to be, instead of just piling them inside.

• Grace
    Grace

Where did you get the applique from?