Tutorial: Make a Grain Sack Towel with the Citra Solv Transfer Method!

I love using Citra Solv, a cleaning agent, to Transfer Images onto Fabric! This is a step by step Tutorial, showing the process, on a Kitchen Towel. You can download the Printable for free on my Blog.
tutorial make a grain sack towel with the citra solv transfer method, crafts
This is the towel that I made, along with a matching place-mat!
Step 1: Make a Mirror image of your transfer and have a toner based copy made of it. You will need to find an older copy machine, to find one with toner. Don't go to the big chains, they all use laser.
Step 2: Secure your image in place, by taping it to your Fabric. I used painters tape. Also, place something under it, that has little give to it, like cardboard or styrofoam.
Apply the Citra Solv cleaner, with a brush, or a cotton ball. Don't over saturate!
Burnish the design with a spoon. Press firmly and evenly. And remove the paper when you're done.
After the fabric/towel dries, go over it with an iron to get the excess citra solv out. (I put a towel done under it, to keep the citra solv off of my ironing board cover)
That's it! It's a nice rustic look! Stop by my blog for more details and to grab the Printable!
Karen - The Graphics Fairy

• Kelly

What is citra solv and where can you get it? I love this idea.

• Tone

how genius! But for a person not familiar with what citra solve is. Its propably something else in norwegian. can you articulate? ;)

• Liliana Wells

I want to try this. Thanks for sharing the instructions.