How I Covered the Awkward Wall in My Room

The Wall was looking a little empty in our room. We had already completed our DIY mantel and I had done a gallery wall of hats to left of it. The right side was just too small really to do anything and did not want to just hang a picture there. So....
The day that some leftover fencer wood showed up behind our shed...I had the perfect FREE and EASY project to create with it. A blanket ladder would be able to fill the space, add dimension, and have purpose so off to bed for the kids and on to a not so hard project to convince the hubby to do. And he was still able to enjoy the mets game right after...phew!
I knew I wanted the ladder to tapper so I was a little unsure about the steps being cut to angle or straight? Since the ladder is only there for the purpose of hanging blankets we went for the straight (easy) cuts to see how this would work first. And...it worked perfectly! A few straight cuts and cutting each step slightly bigger than the next, we assembled using some nails and completed this within 10 mins time. I thought about giving the ladder a white chippy look, but decided to pass on it for now..love the natural worn look of the wood here against the blue wall.

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Deb Foglia