Vintage Bed Sheet DIY Shower Curtain

$3

How to make a fun shower curtain from a pretty, clean, thrifted bed sheet!
Be sure to check out my full tutorial here for each and every step!
vintage bed sheet diy shower curtain, bathroom ideas, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
Since I knew I wanted a pretty, floral design, I hit up some local thrift shops and checked out their linens section. It's always a fantastic source of inexpensive fabric!
To make a shower curtain from a sheet, I chose a queen sized sheet (but a double/full would also work). I laid it out on the ground and placed our old shower curtain on top of it and trimmed it to match.
And then I hemmed it on my sewing machine.
To make my shower curtain hangable with the shower curtain rings I already had, I needed to add buttonholes across the top.
Last step-ironing my curtain and hanging it up! And I LOVE how fresh and bright it looks!!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Priscilla Hunt

Your tutorial said to make button holes at top for hanging but your final picture shows the curtain hanging by metal grommets ??????
    • Gsc27291384

Priscilla Store bought shower curtains have button holes in them to put the shower curtain rings through.

• Linda Carol Capehart

Finished project shows grommets instead of buttonholes? I wanted to see how BH looked/ compare
    • Loren

I was going to say they look like the shower curtain ring you pull through but have design..lol

• Dea9107584

great idea...but the material not being plastic like a regular shower curtain, how will the curtain hold up to all the moisture? Will you have a constant, wet piece of material (mold)? But I do love all the options for using sheets for designs and patterns.

• Annette Miller

Instead of button holes you could also make tabs and put them over the tension rod to hold it up. Just another way to make it look pretty. Especially if you have to cut it to size you might have enough material to make all the tabs. Food for thought! Great idea thanks for sharing
  • Gale Guiler

Gee I did that back in the 80's Still have one of them