Simple Fix to Save "Paint Gone Bad"

36K Views
Did you ever re-open a can of paint only to find an icky mess? That's what happened when I opened a leftover can of Louis Blue (ASCP). Boutique paint is expensive, so it's worth taking the time to save it.
Time: 5 MinutesCost: $2Difficulty: Easy
  • how to fix to save paint gone bad, chalk paint, painted furniture, painting
The problem is easily avoided in the first place by simply cleaning the lid and rim thoroughly when done painting. I always do that. Except perhaps this one time. No worries though since it is easy to fix.
I secured a double layer of cheesecloth with a rubber-band to a new paint can. The empty paint can was a couple bucks from Home Depot. But I wonder if they carry them at the Dollar Store? I'll be sure to check the next time I'm there.
I let the paint strain through and the yucky parts were trapped in the cheesecloth.
Good as new!

Suggested materials for this project:

Patricia

Ask a Question