Personalize Ordinary Clipboards With Cute Fabric And A Pocket

$5

FACT 1: teachers are obsessed with clipboards.
How do I know this? Well, I was a student for approximately twenty years. And my mom and sister are teachers. So I feel qualified to make such a statement.
FACT 2: clipboards are typically b-o-r-i-n-g.
How do I know this? Well, just look at them. They're brown. Or beige. And that's it. Again, I am qualified to make such a statement.
This boring obsession of teachers across the country had to be dealt with, so I solved the problem by making these adorable Fabric Covered Clipboards with Bottom Pockets. Cute + Functional = Major Win. (A little simple addition for the math teachers reading this post.)
So yeah, I started with the world's most boring clipboard and some totally fun fabric.
I cut a little notch out of the top part of the fabric to fit around the metal clasp at the top of the clipboard.
Next, I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to the clipboard and smoothed the fabric over it.
Once that dried, I applied a layer of Mod Podge over the top of the fabric.
After that dried, I flipped the clipboard over and trimmed the excess fabric around the edges. A special tool helped me with this part!
Next, I created the bottom pocket by cutting some coordinating fabric into the shape of a pocket and ironing some flaps inward on the back.
I glued the pocket to the bottom of the clipboard and gave myself an A+ and a smiley face sticker for this cute project.
For a complete supply list and additional photos, please visit my blog post at the link below. Thanks so much!

Bre @ Average But Inspired

• Teresa generas

Darling idea for a clipboard. Think I'll add some sparkle too.

• Beverly Campbell

This is such a cute idea. If I can ever get off this site I will head to my craft room and make a couple for my 2 sweet granddaughters. Will be great for coloring in their new color books....tear the pages out, color, put in picture frames. Vwalla....ART ON THE WALL. Thanks for such a fun idea.