Easy Sharpie Pen Cushion

$5

New cushions were needed for my front veranda.The old ones were faded and not very inviting to any guests that might like to take a seat.
Sometimes projects don't need to be over thought... less is more!
So with a piece of unbleached muslin, a sharpie pen, light box and a word print-out I created this 'Welcome' cushion to greet my guests.
Welcoming front porch decor.
Welcoming front porch decor.
Unbleached Muslin (Calico) is thin enough to see through on a light box.
Print your message and using a Sharpie pen, trace the lettering directly onto your fabric. Sew up the sides of your cover and insert cushion.
Kerryanne ~ Shabby Art Boutique

• Pat Naumann

How do you make the different items permanent and keep them from smearing or bleeding?

• Mar12863906

Where can i buy this sharpie pen .I live in karachi Pakistan .and how to make the mug patterns permanent

• Loretta

Um, I feel a bit stupid asking, but what is a light box? Can I make one myself or do I need to purchase it somewhere? The pillow is gorgeous!

• Shannon Myers

A box that isn't heavy.
    • Shannon Myers

And please don't feel stupid. I just looked in my basement to see if I'd bought any lights/lamps I'd forgotten about. Maybe I still have the box! My teenage boys actually brought me back to life. Ha ha ha light box xoxo
    • Linda Werschky

I made a light box for my mother when I was in 9th grade. I’m now 58. The box was rectangular in shape, with a slide out piece of glass as the top. It was about 2 - 3 inches thick so a long straight lightbulb could be attached at one end.

She used it to trace patterns and other items she needed. She taught fashion design at a trade school in Connecticut.

She used it until she gave it to my youngest son before she died.

• Chorr4475

It's a light in a frame w/ clear top. Light backlights words so you can see them. If you don't have one, put fabric on clear PVC, glass, (something hard) etc, then shine a bright flashlight underneath and thru clear worktop. tape page of script on top of glass, then fabric over top and trace letters. May be too late to help, but FYI.