Asked on Aug 10, 2015

Any ideas what I could do with this little ornament stand?

MommaduckJoann JarvisHolly Adams
+31

I know there are a lot of people who have great imaginations. Help me out with this one. Whether it be got the backyard or indoors. I'd sure love some ideas on doing something with this stand. It's about 2&1/2 ft tall
Tree stand, It's about 2&1/2 ft tall
  • Swan Road Designs
    Swan Road Designs

How about hanging old silver spoons and forks on it in an attempt at turning it into a wind chime? Or...hang all kinds of differently- shaped and colored prisms for something to catch sunlight? You could hang it upside down from an eve or a porch overhang for either application.

• Tawnya Tucker
    Tawnya Tucker

How about taking pieces of green and red netting and tying it on-make it full and cut them so they will almost touch the other side getting longer as you go down the metal piece- can use peppermints take 1/8 inch ribbon and tie each candy on one end then tie it to the metal and space them into the netting to make a really cute center piece on a table top- Can do this also with a coat hanger-My Mom showed us how to make these wreaths to take to the old folks home many years ago-my sister and I would make 4-6 of them!!!Just pull the candy off or tie a small pair of sissors with a piece of ribbon to the top of tree-

• Marsharie M
    Marsharie M

I would use it as a jewelry tree. You could hang necklaces on the area with the little balls and if you use dangly earrings the fish hooks can slide right on.

• Yvonne Oborowsky
    Yvonne Oborowsky

Thanks I like the idea of a wind chime

• Yvonne Oborowsky
    Yvonne Oborowsky

Tryed that but it takes too much space and bigger necklaces just fell off. That's what I originally bought it for. It was in a store with tiny little ornaments for sale on it.

• Yvonne Oborowsky
    Yvonne Oborowsky

That's a cute idea thanks.

• Julies1949
    Julies1949

You could place it on a dish or saucer of some sort and use it for n umbrella stand.

• Barb
    Barb

Try letting a vine climb up it. It might be pretty.

• Susan kirk
    Susan kirk

I would hang it and put necklaces on it and earings around the bottom. Or you could wrap it with fake greenery and put lights on it.

• Yvonne Oborowsky
    Yvonne Oborowsky

Thanks. Did the necklace thing. I have a wonderful holder for those niw and not really wanting any more Christmas things as I'm overloaded here. But keep the thoughts coming I sure do appreciate them

• Pgl
    Pgl

Photo display attach ribbons to pictures and hang or wrap fairy lights around it and use as a night light.

Janet Pizaro

I would spray paint it and plant a vine outside in you garden

• Lydia Hollinger
    Lydia Hollinger

Hang small air plants from it and display on a small table or plant stand.

• Pamela Golden
    Pamela Golden

I would spray paint it white and string lots of little white/clear lights then hang it on the porch ceiling or stand it on the porch/patio.

• Fuchsiafairy
    Fuchsiafairy

This would look lovely if you train a flowering plant on it. I have done this with fuchsias.

• Yvonne Buckley
    Yvonne Buckley

Turn into a chic fru fru lamp by running the electrical up the inside and dangling acrylic or glass beads as fringe all around.

• Linda Werner
    Linda Werner

maybe a wind chime...turn it upside down hang what ever you like as wind chimes. Me personally, might hand things that would go well in my family room.

• Mary Cafarelli
    Mary Cafarelli

I would put it in the garden and grow morning glories or clematis or any other vining plant around it!

• METAMORPHICRUBBISH
    METAMORPHICRUBBISH

I had one similar that I hung small 's' hooks on and made an awesome earring holder out of it.

• Cwhenson
    Cwhenson

How about a mug stand?

• Joy Rohmer-Bembenek
    Joy Rohmer-Bembenek

Hmmm...the star, of course, makes me think of Christmas. If you still receive Christmas cards, I think it would be easy to turn it into a way to display Christmas cards.

• Barbara Antoniewska
    Barbara Antoniewska

You can use this for christmas and display handmade ornaments

• Kus1542393
    Kus1542393

Hang your jewelry on it!

• Grandmaquilts
    Grandmaquilts

Love the windchime idea, but if that doesn't work, I am a plant lover. May be harder to achieve in AZ-climate, but here; I would plant in a flower pot with some Thunbergia seeds also known as blackeyed Susan vine. It is easily grown from seed.

, black eyed susan vine aka thunbergia
  • Gail
    Gail

I would plant a piece of ivy inside the base. Pin the base to the ground by using garden staples(found near landscape fabric. As the ivy grows train it around your metal frame until it eventually looks like a miniature evergreen tree. Looks really cute in the right place in your garden.

• Netters
    Netters

Tie your scarfs on it

• PAULA
    PAULA

I would hang it upside down in my potting shed, and use clothes pins to attach funky, favorite photos as well as project ideas ripped from my favorite DIY magazines.

• Janell
    Janell

With the star on top, I would hang Christmas ornaments on it.

• Holly Adams
    Holly Adams

I would hang old chandelier crystals on it and let it out all year :)

• Joann Jarvis
    Joann Jarvis

I thought of scarves too. I had a dress form made of metal and tied my scarves on it. Cute

• Mommaduck
    Mommaduck

How about using it as a necklace and bracelet holder - assuming you don't have cats that would play with them like mine would!