Ikea Hack: Turn Spice Racks and a Large Frame Into Hanging Storage

I have a tiny kitchen and I needed to figure out a way to maximize storage. So what do the pro's tell you to do? GO UP and use your walls to create more storage. I was browsing one of my favorite stores one day and I got this brilliant idea on how to help me store my spices in a better way.
diy ikea hack and vertical storage, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
I gathered six spice racks from Ikea, a frame and a board cut to fit the frame.I stained the board, popped it into the frame, and attached the spice racks.
All my spices fit nicely onto the shelves, and when I am cooking I can look at what I have very easily. It saves me a good amount of space in my cabinets too. I am very happy with the end result!!
For more details, go check out my blog!!
Jodi Jackson

• Brook Hauck Crowell

Do you know the paint brand and color of the walls? I have been looking for a nice light blue for my kitchen.

• Patricia

Walls are blue. The lighting makes it look different in certain areas.

• Bea16917723

Love this idea. TY for sharing. BTW, I thought I was the only person still using that orange Tupperware canister set. Have loved it since day 1 and no, it matches nothing in my kitchen decor now, but...

• Mary Ellen Danzer

Nicely done. I would paint or stain the spice racks.