Deborah S
Deborah S
  • Ossineke, MI

Cover Shoeboxes With Newspaper For Stylish Frugal Storage

I needed a lot of storage containers for my new craft room. So how to have storage without breaking the bank? I mod podged newspaper onto shoe boxes. I only used mod podge under the paper, not over, as I didn't want any shine. I also left some Converse boxes plain, but added labels. For more info on how I did that, check out my page.
Shoe boxes covered in newspaper.
Shoe boxes covered in newspaper.
Stylish but frugal storage
Stylish but frugal storage
Deborah S

• MelBrandle

We just don’t realize it but there are so many items at home that we could convert into storage. Take for example shoe boxes. I have kept some nice and sturdy shoeboxes and converted these to storage for new shoes. I made a hole in one of the sides where I can view easily the kind of shoes stored. I covered the hole with plastic to protect the shoes from dust. This way, I will be able to find my shoes easily and not go thru the whole lot of boxes. This I have learned, of course, from the ladies at the office.

• P auline miller

Sometimes shoe stores will give you shoe boxes free. Just ask!!