Create A Hidden Vertical Space To Store Large Size Paper

Do you have large size paper and similar sized items like poster board, cutting mats, art canvas and bits and pieces of cardboard that you hate to throw out just in case you need it?
Storing these kinds of items can be a problem. You don't want to store them so they take up a lot of room, don't get damaged and you want them to be easily accessible. Typical storage options are under a bed or at the back of a closet.
I came up with a storage solution that works perfectly in my craft room!
how to create a hidden vertical space to store large size paper, craft rooms, how to, organizing, storage ideas
I have an IKEA dresser that I initially bought when my first daughter was born to store her little baby clothes. It was then passed on to my second daughter when she was born. The smaller drawers were perfect for storing baby clothes but they stopped being practical as they grew older and their clothing got bigger.
But this dresser became a perfect storage unit for storing my sewing supplies.
Instead of butting the dresser against the wall I left about an eight inch gap.
Then I placed an IKEA LINNMON tabletop on top of the dresser and placed it flush with the wall.
Now let's take a look to see what it looks like behind the dresser. This is where I slide in the large paper and similar size items!
This is what it looks like from the front. The tabletop is actually larger than the dresser so you can see how I created more storage space for my scrapbook paper. Not only did I create a hidden vertical storage space but I also have a fabulous tabletop surface to work on!
Sometimes creating storage spaces that work take a little bit of creative thinking. Hope you are inspired to create something similar to works for you!
If you would like more details about this vertical space storage idea I invite you to stop by the blog.
Take Care,
Thea
Time With Thea